EURASHE proudly invites you to take part to the Afternoon debate "Higher Education in Europe: Play to Win", which will take place at the European Parliament on Monday 29 April 2019, from 14:30 to 18:00
We are living in a fast-changing world shaped by physical, digital and biological advances, which create uncertainty to our societies as never before. Higher Education institutions today face a wide range of challenges and opportunities, most significant associated with shifting perspectives of knowledge itself and the changing role and responsibility of universities in society.
EURASHE's organised debate will serve as a platform to address these topics with Higher education professionals, students, European businesses representatives and public institutions, and also will raise the importance of civic and democratic engagement of European citizens before the upcoming 2019 European Parliament elections.
The discussion will be followed by a networking reception.
Following is the programme of the event:
- 14.30-15.00 - Registration and welcome coffee
- 15.00-15.15 - Keynote speech by Stéphane Lauwick, President of EURASHE
- 15.15-15.45 - Keynote speech by Prof. Dr. Ulf Daniel Ehlers on Future Teaching and Learning, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg, Karlsruhe
- 15.45-17.15 - Roundtable discussion, with:
- - Mrs. Anastasia Demydenko, Research Assistant, The Simone Veil Research Centre for Contemporary European Studies-National Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (Netherlands/Israel)
- - Prof. Ulf-Daniel Ehlers, Professor, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Karlsruhe (Germany)
- - Mr. Stéphane Lauwick, President of EURASHE (France)
- - Mrs. Célia Reis, CEO, Altran (Portugal)
- - Mrs. Jeannette Weisschuh, Managing Director, educhamp (Germany)
- 17.15-17.30 - Wrap up
- 17.30-18.00 - Networking reception
The debate will be moderated by:
Mr. Peter van der Hijden, Independent Higher Education expert and former executive officer of the European Commission
Please register by filling a registration form no later than 19 April, 2019.
Participation is free of charge, but places are limited. Your successful registration will be confirmed by a separate e-mail.
Don't forget to bring your ID with you for the European Parliament badges.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you!